It’s been over a year since I began this business in earnest. When I began, I honestly had no idea what I was doing or how to go about anything. I’ve never taken business classes, and in the beginning, it showed. After a year, I know that I still have a lot to learn, but I can see the improvement already.
I’ve accomplished a lot of my goals:
- My products are in retail locations.
- I have repeat, loyal, fabulous customers. (THANKS)
- My products lines are continuously expanding.
- I’ve established a proper home office, with work stations and streamlined storage.
- I donated over $75 to environmental charities.
Still, it’s good to set goals for year two, so here goes. By the end of 2013, I want to:
- Donate at least $200 to charities
- Sell products in at least two retail locations
- Cut my business debt down to no more than $2,000
- Trade-in for a more fuel-efficient business vehicle
- Streamline my branding, logos, and naming conventions
Some of these goals are bit of a stretch, but any small business owner knows that it’s all about dreaming big! If it wasn’t, none of us would make it past year one! To my fellow vendors: onward and upward! To my customers: I can’t do it without you either! A sincere THANK YOU to everyone who helped me get this far!